Sidra Lawrence (Bowling Green State University)
"Under White Men's Eyes: Exploring Erotic Subjectivity
and Ethnomusicological Knowledge Production."
Other Department Events:
Please join us in congratulating:
- Professor J. Martin Daughtry, who received the "ALAN MERRIAM PRIZE," regarded as the most prestigious award in the field of ethnomusicology. The purpose of the prize is "to recognize the most distinguished, published English-language monograph in the field of ethnomusicology."
- Professor J. Martin Daughtry,
who received "the Association of American Publishers' PROSE Award for
best volume in Music and the Performing Arts" for his new book Listening to War: Sound, Music, Trauma, and Survival in Wartime Iraq.
- Professor Elizabeth Hoffman, who received a National Endowment for the Arts 2015 Fellowship
- Graduate Student Lauren Sweetman,
who received the 2015 Charles Seeger Student Prize for the most
distinguished student paper presented at the 2014 Annual SEM Meeting:
"Performing the Prison-Clinic: Kapa Haka and the Redefinition of Mãori Forensic Psychology." More Information about Lauren & Abstract
- Graduate Student You Nakai has received a Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research Abroad from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- Graduate Student Siv Lie, who received the Mellon Dissertation Fellowship in the Humanities for the 2016-17 Academic Year
- Graduate Student Wang Jie, who was selected to be a 2016 McKnight Visiting Composer, acknowledging excellence in the field of music composition.
- *New* Music Major Curriculum (effective Fall 2016)
- Spring 2017 Undergraduate Courses
- Spring 2017 Graduate Courses
- January 2017 Undergraduate Courses
- *New* web site - Waverly Labs for Computing and Music
- Recent Awards and Accomplishments
- Collegium Musicum Viol Program
- CD Review: Narození Pána Krista (Teares of the Muses)
- Initiative for Romani Music
- 2016-2017 Colloquium Series